The Council for Disabled Children and the Sex Education Forum are delighted to present their second annual conference: Countdown to Statutory RSE – getting relationships and sex education right for disabled children and those with SEN.
The Sex Education Forum has been shaping policy and practice on RSE for 30 years. The Council for Disabled Children has been a voice for the disabled children's sector since 1974. Now we're working together to ensure all children with SEND have quality RSE that meets their needs.
One year on from our influential inaugural conference, and counting down to the start of mandatory RSE in all schools, we’ll be moving discussion on by sharing new case-studies and research and offering delegates an even larger choice of practical workshops to support the implementation of high quality RSE that meets the needs of disabled children and those with SEN.
Who it’s for?
- RSE and PSHE leads from special and mainstream schools
- Sexual health services
- Special Educational Needs Coordinators
- Teaching assistants/pastoral staff
- Public health commissioners and safeguarding managers
- Voluntary and community sector organisations
You'll leave the conference:
- Understanding the new Government guidance on RSE
- Sharing best practice case studies from schools
- Growing skills and knowledge through tailored workshops
- Bringing together the best resources & teaching approaches
- Learning about what young people need from RSE
“An extremely well run conference which managed to show-case the vast experience and knowledge of the speakers while at the same time, harvesting the experience of participants - to the benefit of us all.”
“A really useful and dynamic day. Lots of information and resources to support planning and delivery.”
Delegates at first joint RSE & SEND conference, January 2018
- Richard Lawrence, Mencap
- Claire Lightley, Head of Training, fpa
- Lesley Kerr-Edwards and Sarah Duignan, Image in Action
- Paul Bray, Insight Training and Support
- Matthew Riley, Head of 14-19 phase, Oakfield Special School
- Lisa Bush, Young Epilepsy
- Rev Jane Fraser, Bodysense
- Lucy Emmerson, Director, Sex Education Forum
- Dr Eleanor Draeger, Senior RSE Trainer, Sex Education Forum
Delegates will be offered 3 choices from a menu of 12 high quality, one-hour workshops
The conference will be Chaired by Dame Christine Lenehan.