Relationships Education will be statutory in all primary schools from September 2019. This course is the first step in planning for an effective, compliant and inclusive programme in your school.
This courses is for PSHE leads, teaching staff and members of the senior leadership team. Participants will work individually and in groups to explore the implications of statutory status and identify realistic, achievable goals for their school. The session will be interactive, with opportunities to trial resources and learn from colleagues. This course is supported by a suite of tools and resources.
Participants will be able to:
- Brief colleagues on new legislation, guidance and Ofsted requirements, including safeguarding
- Identify good practice and understand how to assess, monitor and evaluate teaching and learning
- Review and update existing provision in line with new legislation
- Facilitate consultation with staff, pupils and parents
- Apply a range of resources and approaches to ensure Relationships Education is inclusive and needs-led
What participants say:
“A fantastic, informative course. Very helpful and clear”
“I have a much clearer understanding of what we need to do and to take our time to get it right”
“I feel more confident in what needs to be done, how we need a bigger focus on relationships”
“This has allowed me to be more child-focused. I now know that we need to include more input from children and parents”