Outside the Box is an early intervention programme to prevent child sexual exploitation. It is delivered through an eight-session, personal development course, with a specific focus on relationships and sex. The facilitator pack has been designed for practitioners working 1:1, or with small groups of vulnerable young people, in schools or youth settings.
Outside the Box is a structured, evidence-based programme developed by the Sex Education Forum with funding from Comic Relief. The resource pack was piloted with a wide range of young people and education professionals and has been independently evaluated.
The Outside the Box facilitator training course runs over two-days and is for professionals who have experience of working with vulnerable young people. The training is practical and hands-on, and participants will have the chance to practice their facilitation skills with their peers.
- Develop knowledge, confidence and skills to deliver a structured support programme using Outside the box
- Increase awareness of best practice in sex and relationship education with vulnerable young people
- Gain practical knowledge of strategies for delivering the resource in different settings
- Be aware of a range of models for assessing impact
- Develop understanding of inclusion issues and safeguarding considerations
“I thought the training was wonderful, and now feel more confident in tackling a wide variety of issues“
“Really enjoyable and informative. Good pace and lots of experiential work which is great!“
“I am really excited about getting stuck in to new activities. I really liked the way the activities facilitated young people to explore and find their own solution as part of the developmental process"
“The training has given me so many new ideas on presentation and styles. I am hoping to use this in my role with in small groups and 1:1"