This course is available for both primary and secondary schools.
Commission this course for delivery at your venue.
This one-day training equips participants with the skills and confidence to deliver an RSE curriculum that is positively inclusive of LGBT identities and relationships. Participants will explore how an LGBT-inclusive approach will help to meet new statutory requirements, equalities duties, safeguarding and prepare for Ofsted. The approach is interactive, with opportunities to trial, evaluate and adapt resources for your school.
- Clear knowledge of new legislation, Ofsted requirements and equalities duties
- Confidence to use key terms and appropriate language in the classroom
- Awareness of a range of resources for support teaching about human sexuality, gender identity and diverse relationships
- Practical understanding of how to update existing materials, policies and approaches
- Strategies for responding to concerns from teachers, parents and the wider community
Supported by an eLearning short course: Introduction to LGBT-inclusive RSE
Share learning with colleagues with our accompanying eLearning course. This 40-minute course is free to all participants and helps to cascade learning across the staff group.
What participants say
“Absolutely brilliant about raising issues that need to be raised”
“Your knowledge and personable approach has enabled me to access a wealth of ideas, resources to take away and use”
“I feel a lot more confident and passionate that it needs to be included in my teaching. I know that it’s right and it isn’t too difficult to achieve”