We are delighted to launch our exciting new specialist RSE programme: Leading effective RSE in SEND settings programme; a developmental CPD programme for teachers of RSE in special schools working with learners with MLD and Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
The programme will be led by Rachael Baker, qualified teacher (PGCE Sec, MA Ed), SEND specialist, and senior RSE specialist at Sex Education Forum. The programme will combine our highly successful webinars and online courses with a programme of development within school, mentoring with your leaders, opportunities for you to support your staff with cascaded CPD, and forming a SEND specialist community of practice network for you with colleagues in similar settings. Working together throughout the academic year, you will develop your own expertise, and bring whole school initiatives to your colleagues and school community. Booking is now open via Eventbrite.
Spanning the academic year 2021-2, the programme will support teachers to:
- Become successful champions for RSE in your school
- Create a whole-school approach to RSE for learners with SEND, working with your school leaders and wider staff
- Form a Community of Practice with RSE leads in similar settings
- Have school-wide impact, supporting RSE leads, SLT, teachers and support staff to deliver and support effective RSE
The programme includes:
- One day SEND specialist RSE foundation training (online – Autumn term)
- A series of 2 hour webinar events (online – in Spring and Summer terms)
- Guidance and sample activities to use and cascade in your school
- Access to a structured community of practice to provide peer support and practice sharing
This programme is an ideal developmental next step for any teacher developing their specialism in RSE for SEND, and teachers looking to progress to subject leadership, and whole school RSE responsibility.
Please take a look at the slides from our launch session by downloading the file below.
Email with any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of the programme is £975 per participant.
You can reserve your place on the programme via Eventbrite. No payment is required at this stage, but by registering here and providing your contact details, and those of your finance department, we can send the invoice for the ticket to school.