The Sex Education Forum is delighted to bring you their second flagship autumn conference.
RSE in schools is changing. We’re counting down to the start of statutory RSE by guiding teachers through the new legislation, advising on curriculum design and helping you choose the best resources and teaching approaches to build an inclusive and up-to-date programme that is relevant to your pupils real lives and supported by parents.
Having shaped policy and practice on RSE for over 30 years, we will present our delegates with keynotes from leaders in the field, share hand-picked examples of good practice and provide immediate advice in response to your questions on the day.
Who is it for? Primary and secondary teachers leading or teaching PSHE / RSE, Head Teachers and Deputies, pastoral staff, youth workers, school nurses, local authority RSE leads.
Join us on Friday 29th November for
- Expert keynotes & panel discussions
- Hand-picked examples of good practice
- A choice of tailored workshops
- Tools for parent consultation
- Views from young people
- The best resources and exhibitors
Keynote speakers include:
Nazir Afzal OBE
Watch Nazir's LGBT in schools statement here
Professor Emma Renold
Find out about AGENDA Wales, which will be a focus of Emma's keynote.
Workshop facilitators and panelists:
- Lindsay Gamble, Head teacher, Our Lady of Carmel Catholic primary school
- Youth Ambassadors, Childnet
- Holly Bourne, Author
- Dr Ritu Mahendru
- Dr Elsie Whittington
- Ruth Lowe, Parentkind
- Alice Hoyle
- Jonny Hunt
- Josie Rayner-Wells, Sex Education Forum
- Dr Eleanor Draeger, Sex Education Forum
- Rachael Baker, Sex Education Forum
- Lucy Emmerson, Sex Education Forum
Delegates will be able to attend 3 x one-hour workshops, with a range of choices in all workshop streams.
Early booking is recommended for this popular annual conference.