Refreshed for 2021-22, our popular webinar has been extended to become a half day course. This 3 hour remote course focuses on creating a meaningful and inclusive RSE curriculum for learners with PMLD and CLDD.
This course is ideal for SENCOs, RSE and PSHE subject leads, senior leaders with subject responsibility for the subject, and class teachers delivering RSE to learners with profound and multiple learning and physical needs.
Facilitated by RSE Specialist and teacher Rachael Baker, participants will:
- Consider the learning outcome in the RSE guidance and examine how these can be differentiated to make a meaningful and appropriate for learners with PMLD.
- Discuss ways to break down the curriculum to identify the key messages and explore ways to differentiate upwards to cater for different individuals’ learning needs and capabilities.
- Explore the partnership between RSE in the classroom and how those messages are embedded and played out in day to day life at school
- Share experience of engaging parents with your curriculum
- Examine some accessible techniques to approach key topics
This course will support teachers of learners with PMLD to feel confident that you are offering a robust and meaningful curriculum to your learners, informed by their personal needs and appropriate to their age and stage.
This course forms part of the whole school approach to RSE that we recommend and will enable you to develop a curriculum that is age appropriate, needs led, differentiated and personalised.
How to take part: the webinar runs using zoom. Meeting ID and password will be emailed in advance.
Contact email@example.com for enquiries