The Sex Education Forum is delighted to bring our RSE conference VIRTUALLY to the North East, in association with Newcastle City Council.
RSE in schools is changing. RSE is officially statutory and schools are making their preparations to by fully delivering the new requirements by Summer term 2021. At our virtual conference we will be guiding teachers through the new legislation, advising on curriculum design and helping you choose the best resources and teaching approaches to build an inclusive and up-to-date programme that is relevant to your pupils real lives and supported by parents.
Having shaped policy and practice on RSE for 33 years, we will present our delegates with keynotes from leaders in the field, share hand-picked examples of good practice and provide immediate advice in response to your questions on the day.
Who is it for?
Primary and secondary teachers leading or teaching PSHE / RSE, Head Teachers and Deputies, pastoral staff, youth workers, school nurses, local authority RSE leads.
Join us on Monday 5 October 2020 for
- Expert keynotes from the Department for Education and Ofsted with Q and A
- Panel discussion and examples of good practice
- Attend three workshops from a wide selection of choices - (addressing consent, assessment, SEND inclusion, parental engagement and more)
- Networking in the virtual conference environment
- Access to materials after conference day
The event will be Chaired by Alison Hadley, OBE. Confirmed speakers include:
- Helena Wright, Department for Education
- Roary Pownall HMI, Ofsted, National Lead for PSHE, Department for Education
- Alice Hoyle, RSE teacher and author of Great RSE
- Lisa Davis, Director, Changing Relations
- Dr Elsie Whittington
- Lucy Emmerson, Director of the Sex Education Forum
- Rachael Baker, RSE specialist, Sex Education Forum
- Dr Eleanor Draeger, Senior RSE Trainer, Sex Education Forum
Early booking is recommended for this virtual regional conference from sector leader, the Sex Education Forum.
Access to the conference is via zoom, with virtual networking and discussion built into the event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries