Outside the Box is an early intervention programme to prevent child sexual exploitation. It is delivered through an eight-session, personal development course, with a specific focus on sex and relationships. The facilitator training has been designed for practitioners working 1:1, or with small groups of vulnerable young people, in schools or youth settings.
The Outside the Box facilitator training course runs over two-days and is for professionals who have experience of working with vulnerable young people. The training is practical and hands-on, and participants will have the chance to practice their facilitation skills with their peers.
- Develop knowledge, confidence and skills to deliver a structured support programme using Outside the box
- Increase awareness of best practice in sex and relationship education with vulnerable young people
- Gain practical knowledge of strategies for delivering the resource in different settings
- Be aware of a range of models for assessing impact
- Develop understanding of inclusion issues and safeguarding considerations