Summer Members Event: Celebrating RSE and involving the whole school community
Members and partners of the Sex Education Forum are invited to our annual Summer Members Event on 3rd July 2019. We will shine the spotlight on excellent teaching of RSE and look at whole-school-approaches to effective change in the run up to statutory RSE.
Our annual event follows close on the heels of RSE Day (27 June 2019), and is a fantastic opportunity to meet our partners, get direction on policy and practical ideas to innovate with your RSE.
This event is exclusive to members and partners of the Sex Education Forum. Partners qualify for one free ticket. Members tickets are £125. Additional tickets can be purchased for £125.
The programme responds to topical issues in RSE and includes:
- Jade Gilks, from Department for Education providing an update on the implementation of statutory RSE
- Lorraine King, Health Improvement Adviser (PSHE and Life Skills in primary schools), Islington Council School Improvement, will tell us about current activities in the Borough to engage parents in consultation ahead of the new requirements for Relationships and Health Education in primary schools.
- Cathy Murphy, RSE Adviser at Cambridgeshire PSHE Service - communicating about RSE with Gipsy, Roma and Traveller families
- Aisling Gallagher will join our panel discussion about parents and RSE. Aisling is a Producer and parent and recently produced ‘The Big Talk’ Key Stage 2 resources for BBC.
- Lisa Handy, presenting SCARF Life Education resource - workshop option
- Kate Jones, presenting Childnet Project DeSHAME resources - workshop option
- Beth Bramley, Gender Balance Manager at the Institute of Physics, will present Gender Action, a schools award programme which promotes and supports a whole school approach to challenging gender stereotypes, founded by King’s College London, the UCL Institute of Education and the University Council of Modern Languages. The awards programme is currently working with nurseries and schools in London thanks to a grant from the Mayor of London, ahead of a planned rollout in 2020.
Feedback from last year's summer event:
- "A brilliant event, great mix of learning, practical examples and sharing ideas. Keep doing more of this please"
- "Excellent programme, detail & variety"
- "Really glad I went. Informative as ever. Thank you all"
Not a member of the Sex Education Forum?
For as little as £49.50 (inc.VAT) a year, you can become a member of the Sex Education Forum and have access to member exclusive events, like this one, AND £25 off any our other events and training - among many other benefits. To read more about what you are missing out on, and to pay for your membership, follow this link.