Richmond Council is committed to providing high quality sexual health services to its residents across the life course. We do so through partnership working and through commissioning evidence-based services with a focus on five priority areas:
- Promoting healthy sexual behaviour and reducing risky behaviour
- Reducing STI rates with targeted interventions for high risk groups
- Reducing unintended pregnancies
- Continuing to reduce under 18 conception rates
- Working towards eliminating late diagnosis and onward transmission of HIV
The Council has re-established the Healthy Schools London Programme. It will enable schools to develop a whole-school approach to health and wellbeing including actively supporting the delivery of the RSHE curriculum through the awards scheme and commissioned bespoke training.