Teaching excellent Relationships and Sex Education is something we think deserves celebrating.
Nominations are open for the 2nd National RSE Teaching Awards. This year there is a new category, for adaptive RSE in the context of school closures and the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
To enter you need the support of a colleague at your school, and to complete a 250 word submission. So be bold, 10% braver and put yourself forward, or give a colleague the confidence to go for this!
Enjoyable and useful RSE lessons depend on excellent teaching in the subject. We are calling for nominations for confident, knowledgeable and creative teachers of RSE.
This summer, 4 awards will be given, for best RSE teacher 2020 in the categories:
1) adapting to remote education and the context of the Covid-19 pandemic
2) primary school
3) secondary school
4) special school
A judging panel including young people will decide on the winner, to be announced on RSE Day, 25 June 2020.
Pupils, parents, governors/trustees and school staff can nominate a teacher of RSE. To make your nomination compete the form on our website (250 words) and send it to us by Friday 5th June 2020* (*Extended to midnight, 8th June).
1. Is there evidence that RSE is safe, so that all pupils feel included and OK about taking part?
2. Is there evidence from pupils that RSE is enjoyable?
3. Is the RSE designed to meet the real-life needs of that age-group?
4. Will the RSE that is offered now be able to carry on in the future, even if the teacher that has been nominated wasn’t there?
5. Does the RSE have ‘star quality’, something that makes it really excellent and exceptional?